Young performers, ages 6-16, will participate in acting, movement, dance and vocal classes in preparation for a production of “High School Musical Jr.” at the Centennial Theatre in Whitby.This is an instructional program. Participants will be split into age appropriate groups. We will work on rotation each week so that all young performers experience training in all areas. Although we are always very excited to present our final showcase, we would remind parents that the focus of this program is on the instruction itself. Everyone will have a role or be featured in some way in the final presentation regardless of previous experience. You do not need to audition to be in this program, but we will hold auditions for main roles (should your child be interested in one of those roles).Included in this program:
- Quality triple threat instruction in a safe and inclusive environment alongside industry professionals
- Behind the Scenes training, including set design, costume and make up workshops
- Written feedback at the halfway point to update you on your child’s progress
- Private and small group vocal coaching
- An opportunity to perform on a stage in front of family and friends
- A show t-shirt, headshot & pizza party!
*All classes on Sundays will take place in the theatre, music room and adjoining space at the Abilities Centre (55 Gordon St.) in Whitby.
Sundays: September 16, 23, 30; October 14, 21, 28; November 4, 11, 18, 25; December 2, 9, 16, 2018; January 6 & 13, 2019
Performances: Saturday, January 19th & Sunday, January 20, 2019 at the Centennial Theatre (416 Centre St. S.) in Whitby (1pm & 4pm)
Time: 2-4pm each week
In Addition: There is NO registration fee and there are NO extra costs for costuming. The majority of the costuming will be supplied by the Travelling Stage, but you may be required to provide basic costume pieces from home. The Travelling Stage encourages environmentally friendly costuming wherever possible. We reuse and repurpose wherever possible.
SPACE IS LIMITED.
Click HERE to register.